Monday, May 23, 2016

Cover Characteristics



Cover Characteristics is a meme by Sugar and Snark- every week a characteristic is selected and we post 5 books with that week's theme.  

This week's pick- The Backs of People   


Okay I wasn't sure I was going to like this one very much but then I came across these redesigned Bond covers and remembered using some for Bookcover Spotlights a few months ago. So that helped jumpstart my search  and I ended up happy with what I found. Like silhouettes last time I think there's a lot you can do with different poses- so this week turned out not so bad after all. 







I like the green tint  
 



I rather like this one with the red hair and the lettering. 



I like the knife, I think that's a nice touch. Otherwise this one's just okay.  



This one's almost more of a side view but who's counting? 



This one's not bad but it's not a favorite- I do like the reflection 

BONUS - this is the German cover of Thunderball. 

11 comments:

  1. Wha ha ha!! My husband will love these, will show him tonight. Very very nice. I've just posted my cover characteristics as well http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/05/cover-characteristics-23-may-2016.html (how do I get it so that it just display the link and not this whole pedigree??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty nice all lined up, aren't they? I've never read a Bond book but I like these redesigned covers.

      Delete
  2. I'm not into James Bond at all, but those covers are excellent!!! Great picks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked them too, I bet they would all look good on a shelf. :)

      Delete
  3. These are all so pretty! Especially when you put them all together like this. But of course my favorite is the red one :-P But even if it weren't my favorite color, I do like how the text is in that one and the pose and dress. And I think Thunder Ball is my second favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's one of my favorites too, actually. It stands out from some of the others. each one has a little bit different text, and that's one of the better ones. Which Thunderball do you like? I'm partial to the German one myself.

      Delete
  4. Those are cool! I like The Spy Who Loved Me the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's one of the better ones- and that German version of Thunderball is kinda sweet too.

      Delete
  5. These are really neat. I think I like The Spy Who Loved me cover the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you went with all James Bond covers! Fun!
    Check out my Covers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Bond covers. Love a fun re-design!
    Thanks for joining in last week :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete