1) You are Earth bound but find yourself transported t another world where people don't wear a lot of clothes
2) You are of course an expert swordsman and the love interest is the most beautiful woman alive.
3) The love interest (always a princess) hates you at first, or secretly loves you but due to cultural barriers cannot admit this, therefore treats you coldly.
4) Either way as relations begin to warm, you commit some faux pas that causes the princess to hate you.
5) At a moment of utter peril the princess declares her undying love for you, causing you to fight as twenty men. but too late! She is taken!
6) Often the book ends here. Cliffhanger city.
7) Or if the book doesn't end here, it ends with you being pulled back to Earth, and pining for a return to your "true home" and your lost love.
8) The next book invariably starts with you being pulled back to Mars or wherever it is to fight on.
9) There is often a creature or ally who joins you on your quest, becoming a life-long friend. They are often ugly but with a heart of gold
10) There is always, ultimately, a HEA. You marry the princess and have children, who may have adventures of their own. Although sometimes the cycle starts all over again- the princess is abducted and you must fight a world to save her.
I could go on and on but you get the gist.